Monday, December 11, 2006

No-sew Fleece Poncho

I am the worst costume blogger in the world. I have not updated this blog in ages. With Christmas, I have put all the costume projects on hold. Instead I am making various items for presents.

Simplicity 3960 and Simplicity 3963 are two no-sew fleece patterns that I have been having fun with. I've never worked with fleece and thought the no-sew concept would be easy to do while watching tv.

Simplicity 3960: My sister has a dog and I am making one of the coats for Lucy. I also bought some foam using a 50% of coupon at Joann so I could make the pet bed for my cats. I did not realize foam pads were so expensive. If I have time, I will make a pad for Lucy's cage.

Simplicity 3963: I didn't really like the dog poncho style of this pattern. But I made the human poncho using once color. I bought Alpine Fleece in charcoal grey color for $2.99/yd at Joann and the pattern only calls for 2 yards. I like the look of the two tone but I saw the charcoal grey and thought it would look good as a monochromatic poncho. The only difficult part was trying to tie the stretchy part of the fleece. I think it turned out pretty well.

fleece_poncho


This was made for me but since it turned out so well, I think I may make one or two for a gift. I just have to figure out what color to choose.

Posted by T'aowyn :: 6:46 AM :: 0 comments:

---------------oOo---------------