|
A friend helped me embroider some microfleece and I made a hooded blanket, Butterick 4053. I found a baby Eeyore patch on eBay (Ticklespop.com) and added that. Sister calls the nephew baby donkey. The back fabric was clearance material (and flame retardant) found at JoAnn fabrics. The blanket is so cute and incredibly soft. I almost kept it for myself. ![]() I found a bright blue striped fabric on sale ($2/yard) at JoAnn and thought it would make a great pattern for some personalized items for baby. I used these super cute alphabet patterns here and the instructions here to create monogrammed bib, onesie, and burp cloths. Onesie: The appliques was ironed on and I used embroidery floss to hand stitch around the edge. Bib: Butterick4053. The blue flannel for the back was $2/yard and I used it along with the striped fabric to create a reversible bib. Burp Cloth: I created the bean template with one end larger. The smaller end received the letter treatment because this will be seen when placed over the front of the shoulder. The same blue flannel fabric used on the bob was used for this. ![]() The matching set turned out great. I thought the fabric might be a tad on the loud side but as an applique, it really stands out.
|